Classic Update Kit - 1965 Chevy Impala Item Number: 510360
1965 Impala Classic Update Kit1965 and 66-68 Chevy Impala Classic Update Kit.
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 30 amp circuit breaker, retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- Standard turn signal and hazard flashers are mounted on fuse panel. A new horn relay is mounted on the main dash harness.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location with mods to the firewall, template included. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse panel allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies - an American Autowire exclusive feature
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1965 GM columns that use stock GM turn signal switches.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamps for use along with your original dome/interior lighting.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connectors (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, STEWART WARNER, VDO, and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness in the stock location and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires with correct lamp sockets or connectors, stop and tail light lead wires with correct lamp sockets, terminals, connectors and lamp sockets to mate with the license plate lamp, and fuel tank sender wire with trunk grommet and tank connection.
- New trunk lid harness that is assembled complete with correct protective loom, tail lamp sockets, and trunk lamp power feed.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- GM bulkhead connectors for the engine and front light wiring are included (another American Autowire exclusive) and allow for easy installation with original or custom routing.
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM “SI” series internally regulated alternators. GM “CS” series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All headlight, parking light, and directional light connectors and terminals are provided along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Original style light sockets, switch body connectors, terminals, etc.
- New ignition switch with indexed connector included.